Singapore, 3 June 2015 – Panasonic, a leading provider of business technology solutions, announced today at CommunicAsia2015 and BroadcastAsia2015 seven new products and solutions for Asia Pacific markets as part of its commitment to strengthen its B2B business in the region. Targeting government and commercial enterprises of all sizes, the new solutions range from data storage, ruggedized mobile devices and mobile surveillance solutions to professional broadcast video equipment and 4K+ projectors.
With the establishment of Panasonic System Solutions Asia Pacific on 1st April 2015, the company is set to tap on the increasing infrastructure investments across the region and the rapid demand growth across different industries including mobility, business communication, entertainment, and public safety. In anticipation of this growth, Panasonic System Solutions Asia Pacific is expected to increase its headcount by 20% this financial year (starting April 2015).
“Asia Pacific is a fast-growing dynamic marketplace, and presents huge opportunities for Panasonic across all our B2B business segments from integrated solutions to audio visual products,” said Mr. Hiroaki Sakamoto, Managing Director of Panasonic System Solutions Asia Pacific. “Our commitment to delivering total end-to-end solutions in the region is an integral part of our growth strategy as we work towards our corporation vision, which is building a better working world for our customers.”
By building on its strong heritage in engineering and retaining the company’s core expertise in consumer electronics, Panasonic has benefited greatly from its focus on B2B markets. The company’s global annual profit increased by 49% to ¥179.49 billion (US$1.5 billion) in the last fiscal year. This momentum is set to continue with Panasonic targeting to grow sales of its audio visual (AV) and information and communications (ICT) solutions from ¥1.22 trillion (US$12.54 billion) to ¥1.5 trillion (US$12.54 billion) in the next five years. In order to achieve this target, Panasonic has moved its strategic focus to expand its B2B business beyond hardware and equipment. The company will provide complete offerings that encompass customised system solutions and services that are beyond customers' expectations.
The new products and solutions launched today are:
- Fully-rugged, 5-inch Handheld Tablet: The newest addition to Panasonic’s line of rugged mobile devices, Toughpad FZ-X1, has a rating of IP68, is dust resistant and can be immersed in water up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. Designed for mission-critical mobile workers, the new enterprise-class handheld tablet runs the Android™ 4.2.2 operating system and comes with voice and data connectivity.
- World’s Lightest 4K+ 3-Chip DLPTM Laser Projector: The most compact and lightweight projector of its kind, the PT-RQ13K employs Quad Pixel Drive technology to deliver extremely detailed, film-like Extra 4K+ image quality; giving it the flexibility and capability that is ideal for large exhibition venues, virtual reality theatres, control room, rental and staging applications.
- High Definition Visual Communications (HDVC) System: The latest Panasonic HDVC KX-VC1600 system comes with 10-site connection, full-HD video quality, dual network capabilities and multi-device options, allowing businesses to connect in more flexible ways and supporting productivity as well as operational efficiency for the mobile workforce.
- Blu-Ray Data Archival: Panasonic’s Blu-Ray Data Archiver LB-DH8 series brings together the best in optical disc drive, media, and robotics technologies for a scalable modular expansion configuration that can support and protect data for long-term storage at lower cost and lower power consumption.
- Handheld 4K Camcorder: The new AG-DVX200 debuts as the world's first 4/3- type large format, 4K integrated zoom lens camcorder. Its newly designed body provides excellent mobility and the advanced large format sensor produces stunning artistic and highly detailed images.
- Wireless In-Vehicle Surveillance Solution: Panasonic’s new solution provides a fully-automated, scalable, onboard surveillance for transport systems with fixed broadband communication and automatic uploading via WiFi network designed to enable fleet operators to better anticipate operational issues, improving business operations and increasing cost efficiency.
- Video Archive Solution Service: Panasonic announced partnerships with Infinite Studios and Goldenduck to offer a one-stop video archiving solution service for content owners that enhances content management workflow to saves time, costs and space.
- The company also showcased a special truck outfitted with Panasonic ruggedized devices and wireless surveillance system at CommunicAsia. The 3D mapping capability of Panasonic projectors is featured on the latest Tesla Model S electric car at BroadcastAsia to demonstrate new innovative uses for projection within the rental and staging market.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, enterprise solutions and device industries. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates 468 subsidiaries and 94 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.715 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2015. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global
About Panasonic System Solutions Asia Pacific
Based in Singapore, Panasonic System Solutions Asia Pacific is the B2B solutions division of Panasonic Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, the South East Asia and Pacific (APAC) subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. Panasonic System Solutions Asia Pacific delivers B2B solutions for government and commercial enterprises of all sizes that cover unified business communications, mobile computing, data storage, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, visual communications (projectors, professional displays, digital signage) and imaging network solutions (broadcast and professional video).